All speakers at TEDxNewark Academy must agree to abide by the following rules and expectations:
- Speakers must agree to follow all of the TEDx rules and regulations as listed here, including submission of a signed TEDxNewarkAcademy Permission Release form. Note that presenters under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the form as well.
- Speakers must agree to allow TEDxNewarkAcademy to photograph and film their talk. TEDx requires TEDxNewarkAcademy to upload videos of every talk from TEDxNewarkAcademy to the TEDxTalks YouTube channel as well as to upload photographs from the event to Flickr.
- Speakers must be Newark Academy students, alumni, faculty, staff, or parents.
- Speakers must format their talk like a TEDx talk, speaking for 8-10 minutes without notes or an electronic device.
- Speakers must be willing to work with a TEDxNewarkAcademy coach to develop their talk.
- Speakers must allow TEDxNewarkAcademy to post a photo and a brief bio of themselves on TEDxNewarkAcademy.com.
- Speakers will not be paid. TEDx does not allow Newark Academy to pay speakers for delivering a talk at TEDxNewarkAcademy.
- Speakers must be available for a rehearsal on the afternoon of Monday, April 25, 2016, as well as for the event on Tuesday, April 26, 2016.